The Press Releases of the Automotive Business Segment in 2013• In October, EB announced the availability of its latest Human Machine Interface (HMI) development platform; EB GUIDE 5.5.
• In June, EB and Daimler established a new model to develop software for driver assistance systems with EB assuming the role of direct software supplier for Driver Assistance at Daimler.
• In April, EB opened new office in Brasov, Romania to expand its automotive software development teams in Romania.
• In February, EB achieved ASIL D and SIL 3 certification for its safety operating system, which rank among the highest levels for functional safety for electric and electronic components.
• In February, EB and Renesas Electornics announced their cooperation that enables car manufacturers to create future HMI platforms cost effectively.
• In January, EB and QNX presented EB navigation software integrated in the QNX reference vehicle and in the QNX technology concept car.